Friday, May 2, 2014

a tisket, a tasket .... a little peat pot basket swap ...

it's true, it's been a while .... and i have learned a lot lately .... about life, about death and about how truly miraculous it is that we are even here at all ... we are stardust ... having a very human experience ...

but enough about that ...

I recently did a spring peat moss basket swap over at Vintage Dragonfly's swap group ... I must admit, i do love this little group of swappers, I have received some fabulous swaps with the people there ... It is a lovely group!  do check it out next time JoAnne posts a swap.

I was oh so lucky to have Sandi as a swap partner ... she sent me this fabulous little basket ... look at all of the vintage goodies, like the doily and the embroidery piece that covers the peat pot ...
 love the fluffy shiny stuffing, the vintage flowers, and those adorable eggs ... i love this little basket!

and in return I sent Sandi this little peat pot basket.
 I love making this basket ... total fun ....


So I thought maybe I should make one for my parents ....

 here's a little close up of the actual pot
 I was luck enough to find these little ceramic chicks at Michaels and a great discount .... oh how i wish there had been more then three, i was totally inspired by them ... This is the little basket I made for myself.
 and my daughter and I enjoyed it  ...


the bird crowns???  just a wee bit of Graphic45 paper, from the Sweet Sentiments line ... just used a border bunch on some scrap and added a wee bit of glitter ....

Thanks so much for visiting, 
I hope to catch up on your blogs very very soon!
peace, love and paper
Jo

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* these are just absolutely gorgeous! I have missed seeing you around!!!

Izzy said...

so happy to see you posting again! love the little baskets! just amazing :)

Pondside said...

They're all adorable - but the tiny crowns are quite something! You make it all sound so easy, but I KNOW it's not!

Anonymous said...

Those are such charming creations and I love the addition of that sweet little ceramic chic.
Wishes
Lynne
Jo, many thanks for the visits you make to my Blog.

Kathy said...

Can you tell, I'm catching up on my blogging? lol Love your beautiful creations Jo :)