Tuesday, September 17, 2013

a page a day ... 3 & 4

okay, so you remember how i told you my camera was acting up?? well ... it died ... yes, complete and total motor failure ... (who would have thunk!)  ... so .... I am way behind in the journal page a day challenge ... the pages are done, just getting caught up on the photography, so i hope to post 2 pages a day till I am all caught up!

Day 3.
I started this one at a friend's house.  I knew i wanted to trace my hand but had no idea what to do with that until another friend suggested trying zentangles ... so her i am trying something totally new! The background was sone with distress stains and the painted on colour is done with ink ... this was interesting to try ... next time i want to map out a design first and use a thinner pen.

Day 4.
 The state of my heart is sometimes cloudy ... i am just poking a bit of fun at myself here.  The background is distress stains and paints ... the heart and clouds are "painted" with gelatos onto vintage book pages. I did some background stamping with paint ... i love the effect of paint on stamps.
just some close up detail ... i love using a soft colour palette.

Thanks so much for stopping by and watching me trying to grow!
peace love and paper!
jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo
WOW this has such incredible impact.
I still have not dabbled in Art Journalling, if I were to be honest, it slightly scares me!!!
Wishes
Lynne

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer about the camera!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your pages!! That hand is fabulous and love love love love the heart!!!!