Sunday, May 13, 2012

Saturday Centus ~ I know, right?

Well, I am finally back to writing, playing along with Jenny's meme.  This week's prompt is "Cream together butter and sugar" and we have our usual 100 words plus the prompt words.  Here's my little offering ...



"Cream together butter and sugar” she instructed, in a voice that was sweet enough to melt honey from a hive.

Tonya reached for the remote and snapped the show off.  “I cannot believe that they cast her instead of me … gawd her voice is sickening and her hands are huge.

“I know, right?” said Tiffany.

“And word on the street is that most of the recipes in her new book were “lifted” from some foodies blog.”

“I know, right?”

“Tiffany, either say something real or shut up” Tonya snapped as she stormed out of the room.

“I know, right?” yawned Tiffany.

Just click on the button below to read offerings by some fab writers!

Jenny Matlock

10 comments:

Viki said...

LOL, sounds familiar. There's someone out with a cookbook now that some people say pretty similar things about, ha.

Anonymous said...

Really fun take on the prompt.

Judie said...

I'm sure this sounds familiar to many cooks! I am not one of them, however. Great take on the prompt, Jo!

rmannell said...

It seems Tiffany has heard it all before. :) Jealousy can be a mind killer and become boring for others to often hear. Well written. :)

anitamombanita said...

Great take on the prompt... And you say "I know, right?" :

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! I enjoyed that!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Good centus contribution! I enjoyed it. Also read your current post. Congratulations! laurie

Ames said...

Even the PW post recipes that are from other people. Yet she uses them in her receipe book. I wonder wear the line is drawn these days.~Ames

Unknown said...

Nice take on the prompt. There is a lot of jealousy among cooks if you start reading closely.
Well observed!
Best wishes,
Anna


Anna's SC wk 106 - Baking with...

Jenny said...

Once I had a free few moments and I read a website about the Food Network Stars. Yikes. Lots and lots of mean comments for everyone.

I'll just cook here...and then everyone is excited and happy and thinks I'm wonderful.

Or do they?

Hmmm...

Thanks for a fun link, Miss Jo!