Wednesday, February 1, 2012

K is for ... Sue?


K … K  … K … killer, kobo … kindle ???  I stumbled around for a long time trying to  to find a K word that I wanted to write about …   The first three K words that came to me are up above, but I really don’t feel like writing about killers or e~book readers

I could write about “kind” … but wait, I think I blogged on that topic a couple of years ago … so repeating it would be … well, kinda boring.

And then it hit me … my dear friend Sue  always ends her emails with “Be kind and leave the world a better place.”  Isn’t that a wonderful mantra? 

My dear friend Sue, is probably one of the kindest, and gentlest people that I know … she is wonderfully thoughtful … truly thoughtful, the kind of friend that always seems to know what to say in every situation … she is so attentive to people that she is fully tuned in and just seems to know when things are off.  She gives wonderful hugs, and wonderful words.  And the best part … out of this seemingly quiet, humble and kind person, can come the most hilarious, like pee your pants hilarious … zingers!!!   Oh she can truly get anyone laughing … real good down in your gut laughter … So yes, Sue … I will be “kind” and leave the world a better place.  And thank you for your reminders to do so!


Sue, shortly after she shaved her head to raise funds for Cancer Research ... what a beautiful gift she is to this planet


K is for Sue!

Jenny Matlock

28 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Sue Sounds like the best Kind of friend!
I think I need a little laughter in my life right now!
hugs Lynn

Judie said...

The fourth letter of the alphabet is not working on my keyboar, but I believe kin ness is the best policy!

xoxo

Rhea said...

What a lovely way to honor such a kind soul! Cheers!

Unknown said...

What a lucky person you are to have Sue as a friend!

Ames said...

I like her already.I would love to wear my heair like that. She sounds like a peach of a gal. Glad you have her as a friend!~Ames

anitamombanita said...

She I'm sure is kind...but she's also lucky to have a friend like you who sings her praises! Lovely post.

Pondside said...

Now that's a friend who really is a 'gift you give yourself'!

Sue C said...

Aww shucks Jo, thank you for your "kind" words, and more importantly, thanks for being the wonderful spirit that is you. I am so fortunate to have you as my Friend.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

what a wonderful tribute to your friend

Donna Heber said...

Hi Jo,

Kindness is perfect for this weeks letter! A wonderful tribute to your friend Sue. If only we all had one like her.

Lola said...

Great *K* post – and great tribute to your friend!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend too and look forward to *seeing* you again soon.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

A KINDRED spirit for sure!!!
Happy K Day!
Coralie

Jen said...

Oh...I love her send off message. If we could only do just that. Yay for Sue!

gengen said...

Kindness is a great thing to be in a person nice friend. Visiting from AT!

Maggie said...

Great K post,very kreative!
Happy A-T.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sue sounds like a wonderful person! Lucky you to have her as a friend.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Everyone should have a "Sue" in their lives!!

Unknown said...

She sounds like a wonderful person to know!

Susan Anderson said...

Sue is well-named!

;)

Betty said...

You're very fortunate to have Sue in your life. She sounds like the perfect friend!

Annesphamily said...

Sue sounds like a kind lady! I like her thought about kindness. I like your post. It was written perfectly. Hugs Anne

21 Wits said...

I had to laugh at K is for Sue! So funny, but you pulled it through in a super Kool way!

Izzy said...

"Ditto" Sue is the best kind of friend to have in this world :)

Sue said...

Could not have sad it any better than that Jo. We are all blessed to have Soozeque in our lives..as we are with you.

Cheryl D. said...

What a kind post!

Your friend Sue really rocks the short hair too!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tribute to such a wonderful woman...

I love her mantra...

If only more people would at least practice being kind... What an even more wonderful world it would be!

Great post for the letter "K"!

Thanks for linking.

A+

Kathy said...

What a great post for the letter K Jo! Sue truly is a kind, gentle, dear friend!

Unknown said...

I love this post.....she sounds like a great kind person...