Monday, July 25, 2011

When good dolls go bad ...

Seriously, I love dolls ... I still have my very first doll Brucey!  and i would one day love to have many many more beautiful dolls ...

... but not when they look like this ....

okay we were on a field trip to no where, which is a good place to be somedays and we went into an antiques place ... and they had dolls aplenty, but they were displayed in such awkward ways ...  and truthfully this was the only "antique" doll that we saw ... and in such sad repair, with unknown price tags, numbers no longer visible, stuck to her body ... she really does need some love ...


Dolls that look like they are being chocked by their carriage bars just don't do it for me ...  

 Either does this deadish lifeless looking doll ... i just wanted to pick her up, dust her off and sit her up straight ...  give her some much needed tlc


This is just a creepy doll ... I just could not get past his really white doll skin and his plastic hair ...

And this one .... somewhere in my mind i know that she is cute but from the angle i shot her she looks a little like she is about to come to life and chase me with a knife clutched in her plastic hands ...


Samara???    scary ... need i say more?

really, you can see by some of the dolls in the background that there was a lovely collection and that most of them were displayed nicely .... but these ones .... they just gave me the shivers!

Thanks so much for stopping by, i always enjoy your visits and comments!!!

10 comments:

ScrappeeDiane said...

I love that you took and posted these photos. It allows us to come along on a journey a long time ago.

Ames said...

Thumbelina! I had one! I tell you some of these dolls are downright wicked looking. The one doll looks like the girl from the well in the The Ring. You don't want to utter her name! And you are right about the female Chatty Chuckie. She looks like she is saying "Take me home won't you?" Wahahahaha creepy! Almost looks like a museum for dead dolls!~Ames

Cheryl said...

Hilarious. Did you notice that "golden boy" looks like he's collecting legs from other dolls? And his eyes are almost as creepy as the ones of the little lass below him.

JoAnne said...

You have the makings for some wonderful Halloween altered art projects Jo-lol!

Beansieleigh said...

Awwwww.. I think they're ALL beautiful, in their own individual ways.. kinda like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.. They just need a little LOVE! Wish I could bring them ALL home with ME! ~tina

laterg8r said...

i am totally freaked out by the googly eyed dolls that have eyes that roll back in their head - too much chuckie for me as a teen LOL :D

that one will haunt me tonight!!!

Izzy said...

Love this post.... I'll have to share some doll photos with you that I have!

JoAnne said...

Jo, please check flickr group for the Grandma's Attic swap. Partners are trying to reach you.

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh I think I saw Chuckies Girlfriend in there, creepy, maybe would make some great Halloween decor!
hugs Lynn
P.s did any of them follow you home? LOL

Kathy said...

Woah! That one looks like she's a cast off from that Chuckie movie! Love thus post! TFS