Monday, December 6, 2010

doing circles ...


yeah, so i played with circles ... not many circles ... just one per page ... and a couple of these layouts were from sketches over at Creative Scrappers ... I did these back in the fall, hence the autumn theme on one of them ... i love to use circles on layouts, they just kinda bring the eye to a main focal point within themselves ... and they are not just random shaped pieces of paper ... they have boundaries and definition and yet they are soft ...  anyways, here is what i came up with!



Yeah, i just love my mostly monochromatic layouts ... i know a lot of you probably find them boring but i like the focus they place on the photos ... not the paper and such ...


just a closeup of some of the details ... i loved using just a tiny strip of colourful striped paper ... i coated it with glossy accents so it looks like it is epoxied ... (is that even a word?)  I just wanted something to play against the vintage feel of the layout


I loved this thanksgiving line of papers from Teresa Collins ... i toned down the dotted paper by painting on a wash of white ...


and i totally love these flowers by Doodlebug designs ... it's a break from their usual cutesy stuff


I just had to make a little sweet layout of my daughter with her horns standing against a word wall ... yeah,  horns ... tsk tsk ... she is an ebil kitty!

so yeah, that's what i was doing this fall ... now to get my butt in gear and start making my christmas gifts ... don't dare tell me how few days are left ... i'm already in full panic mode ...

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Full panic mode? Eek! Sounds bad. My brain is so fried I can't even think of who I want to gift this year.

These sweet pages are adorable. They look quite giftable to me.

Lynn Stevens said...

Jo some wonderful pages you created! I love monochromatic. thats pretty much how I operate too.
Your daughter is so cute with her horns! LOl

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very pretty layouts, Jo! I love the flower appliques.

Christmas is coming quickly and I am very behind in everything....guess I'll do a little less this year :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Actually, I like your use of monochrome here! Your work is so creative. I like your idea of using circles too.

Pondside said...

I love it all - you are so creative and I am always in awe of that gift.
I'll join you in your full blown panic - I'm there too!

Lola said...

You're so talented! Have a great weekend,

XOXO Lola:)

Unknown said...

I love your scrapbooking pages! I really love how you used circles on your pages! I can never do paper scrapbooking because I change my mind too often and I have no confidence in creating pretty layouts. I do a lot of digital stuff with templates since it's much easier to fix if I change my mind :) Good job!

Mary said...

I'm trying not to panic myself! Love your artistry with your paper creations :-)

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Beautiful design! You're so creative, Jo..

laterg8r said...

love your circles and your ebil kitty LOL :D