Saturday, May 23, 2009

since the 16th ~ part 1

Just some random photos since the 16th ... i've been busy, but i really have to amp up my blog posting, i dont like cramming a bunch of photos onto my blog without at least one or two little stories to tell .... but that will have to do for a while ... so here's what i have been up to ... In no particular order ...


Awwwwe, sunny skies ... life is good!


Not so sunny skies ... waiting for H ... in the dark ... and in a monsoon of sorts ... shooting through the windshield ...


Sunny skies ... again! and Honey can finally breakout her denim skirt and fave spring top! (like she even has a choice in the matter lolz)


Yummy??? What is it??? Why did i buy it??? Why am i now afraid to eat it??? ... hey a cool RAK to the first person to identify this mystery fruit ... which must be in season in Thailand because I saw it at a couple of stalls at Granvile Island ... oh yeah ... I went to Granville Island with my DD, we had fun ... it rained...



a little sneak peak of my June card class for Pick of the Patch. 7 gypsies, glimmer mist, vintage sewing patterns ... really they are seriously vintage, circa 80's judging by the picture on the package. I picked up the little hand felted balls from Woolly Fabulous... btw love her brooches ... uber cool & she uses recycled materials!

5 comments:

ScrappeeDiane said...

Love the photos and the glimpse into your life. Love the sneak peak too, can't wait to see the whole project. Oh happy days, the sun is here.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo, if I can discover the name of some rare mushroom, you can be assured, I'll know the name of a fruit often found in asian markets. It's called a mangosteen. I'm not sure if I've actually ever tried one, but I think the inside is similar to a lychee in colour and such.

And Wooly's things are lovely.

Susan said...

Love all the photos and glad the vintage patterns have a new lease on life, lol. I believe they are circa 1989.:) Mangosteens are all over southern asia and they are a weird blend of flavours. Tried them in Bali.

Izzy said...

'bout time you posted on the blog! LOL your mystery fruit has been solved! Erica is right, it's mangosteen.
See ya next week ;)

Kathy said...

Fun photos! I saw your vintage patterned flowers IRL and they are gorgeous!